Powered By Blogger

me, myself, and I

This blog is all about me and my experiences in life. I plan on trying a lot of new things in life and want to share it with any one who wants to listen.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

creating something new out of something old

I believe everyone should recycle as much as possible. I don’t mean just the usual like glass, plastic aluminum. Just think about all the things you use in a day that you throw away. I know I am always thinking of ways to use and reuse things all the time. By doing this, you will be throwing less away. This means, there will be less in the landfills.

A few months ago, my roommate had broken her headboard off of her bed. She was hoping that she could fix it, but was not able too. Her thought was to go to IKEA, get some table legs, and put them on the headboard. And tada, my new desk. What was either old or unusable to one person is brand new to someone else. And in my opinion exciting too.

Along with getting what we needed at IKEA, we also went to the Goodwill the find some accessories. This helps so many people. You can donate things you don’t want any more, people can buy things that they really need, no matter how much money the make, and it gives people who don’t have jobs, and need to get some good work skills, a place to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment